2013: Looking Back


Oh, 2013...I'm so glad you're almost over.

I thought a lot about art. I got over a bad case of creative block and started making art again.


I waited patiently (sort of) for winter to be over. 



Spring came around at last.


There were delicious salads.


I said goodbye to my lovely aunt.

 

As she approached the end of her life, she was grace, strength and love personified.


I was never so grateful to turn towards the last leg of the trip home as I was coming home, after she was gone.

I looked for beauty everywhere to help remind myself that life is beautiful even when it's hard.


Fall came. Waking up on the first of September felt like we had "made it" in some undefinable way. October was gorgeous. 


I had many a cup of coffee.


The first frosts sparkled.


We spent Christmas in Seattle with Bear's family. I caught a glimpse of the Olympics, briefly unveiled by the clouds, and it felt like a good omen for us for the coming year. 


Toby is curled up next to me, purring.


Bear and Pyewackett, deeply contented. 



No comments:

Post a Comment